SIC is committed to the protection of your Personal Data and safeguarding and keeping your personal data confidential is our priority
This Privacy Statement explains how we protect the privacy of your Personal Data under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
What personal data that we collect?
- The types of Personal Data that we collect directly from you may include (but is not limited to):
- Personal information that links back to an individual, e.g., name, gender, age, date of birth, nationality, passport and other personal identification numbers.
- Contact information, e.g., address, phone number and email address.
- Job / profession particulars, e.g., name and address of company, title / position and income range;
- Financial and legal status including credit cards or bank account information and bankruptcy
- Any other information which may be pertaining to you that have been or may subsequently be collected, stored, used and processed by SIC from time to time
How do we collect your personal data?
We may obtain your Personal Data directly from you and various other sources including but not limited to the following :
- agreement, forms and other documents that you may have signed and/or provided to us and/or to which we have access;
- our business partners or affiliated and/or other parties which we have dealings with;
- at any events, conferences, talks or seminars held by SIC;
- other legal means and/or searches from the relevant governing authorities / bodies / agencies and / or other bodies / agencies which are legally allowed to collect, use and / or process your Personal Data;
- online search tools.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the websites, you may deactivate cookies accordingly.
What do we use your Personal Data for?
SIC may use and process your Personal Data for activities of SIC, business or otherwise, and any matter in connection thereto, which shall include, without limitation, the following:-
- to perform obligations of SIC in respect of any contract with you;
- to provide you with any services or goods that you have requested;
- for the purpose of engaging you to provide the Products;
- for the purpose of opening and /or operating credit account to sell the Products on credit terms;
- for provision of security by you including entering into guarantee in favour of SIC;
- for our administrative use including conducting any check (including credit check or review) as may be required in order to transact with you, auditing, data analysis;
- to process payments relating to any activities of SIC
- to communicate with you;
- to respond to any queries, comments or feedback from you;
- to conduct such surveys and analysis to help improve our services; or
- to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and governmental requirements and with SIC’s obligations under the law
SIC may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as;
- sending you materials such as season greeting cards, promotional materials, newsletters, articles, write-ups, updates, alerts, and information on/invitation to events, conferences, talks or seminars;
- providing it to any bureau or agency established by Bank Negara Malaysia (including the Central Credit Reference Information System [CCRIS]), SME Credit Bureau or any other credit reporting or reference agency and in the event of any default or breaches in any transaction had with SIC, to debt collection agency;
Accessing / Limiting / Correcting / Updating Your Personal Data
You may at any time request for access to and for correction of your Personal Data kept by us and contact us with any inquiry or complaint in respect of your Personal Data.
In accordance with the Act :
- we may charge a fee for processing your request for access or correction; and
- we may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your Personal Data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
To whom do we disclose your personal data?
While we maintain strict confidentiality policy on your Personal Data, we may engage other service or facilities providers to perform functions on SIC’s behalf and consequently, we are allowed to provide access of or disclosure your Personal Data to third parties, within or outside Malaysia, such as the following parties (which are not exhaustive) :-
- information technology (IT) and data entry service providers;
- storage facility providers;
- our professional advisors/consultants, external auditors, legal advisors, accountant, bank, financial institutions and insurance providers;
- our business partners or affiliates and/or other parties which we have dealings with;
- regulatory and/or statutory authorities/bodies/agencies and/or credit reporting agencies and/or other bodies/agencies in order for SIC to comply with statutory and governmental requirements and/or in the event of any default or breaches in any transaction had with SIC; and
- such other party as SIC deems necessary for the Purposes.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with corporate transaction(s) such as sale of subsidiary or merger or asset sale.
Right To Limit Processing Of Personal Data
You may at any time limit the processing of your Personal Data including the extent of the Personal Data and/or the purpose for which it is being processed by giving notice in written to us, delivered by hand or sent by registered post to SIC’s address.
Consequences of Failing To Supply Personal Data
All Personal Data supplied by you to us shall be wholly voluntarily on your part and you may at any time withdraw your consent to SIC processing your Personal Data. However, if you do not provide or do not consent to SIC processing your Personal Data, SIC may not able to :-
- enter into or proceed with a transaction with you;
- communicate with you;
- prepare the relevant agreements and/or any other documents for you; and/or
- perform or achieve the Purposes or Other Purposes as set out above.
Transfer of Personal Data
As SIC’s information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdiction, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. In any event, you understand and hereby consent to the transfer of your Personal Data to any place outside Malaysia as provided for under the Act.
Notification of changes
SIC may modify and/or amend the terms of this Notice from time to time without prior notice by placing the updated Notice at our website. Your continued business relationship with SIC or interaction or communication with SIC following such modifications or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications or amendments.